Monday, November 9, 2009

Feeling Like A V.I.P.

Since I shared with you on Wednesday that I was eagerly anticipating an evening out at a concert on Thursday, I figured I'd share the details and the photos. Not really that you probably NEED to see them or wanna hear about it....

However, Reed and I rarely take an evening out, so for me it was worth mentioning and sharing.

Okay, and I'll admit it, I just had to gloat a little. Yes, I am human.

Having pulled a few strings by merely asking how we could attain the best possible seats since we were huge Mark Schultz FAN-atics, we were granted a favor and even invited to the pre-show 'Meet & Greet' with the artists. To which I was MOST THRILLED. I'm geeky like that when it comes to Mark Schultz concerts. Which, ahem, this was number *FIVE*!!

We got this photo with our favorite Piano-Man, Mark Schultz, and the gals of Point of Grace:

Aren't we cute??!! Probably doesn't look so good that I am leaning more toward another man and less toward my own man,huh? All I can say is that I get so star-struck and giddy as a schoolgirl...tehe...

These were our seats:


Which were FRONT & CENTER. And merely 10 feet from stage!!

Basking in our 'Date Night' glow:



The gals from Point of Grace were on stage first. And let me tell you they can put on a concert! Great band, beautiful harmony and such gorgeous women of faith. In a way, you can't help but compare them to the Dixie Chicks. Remember them? Any way, POG ladies have similarities with them and even pull off a bit of a country twang as well.





And then, after intermission, Mark came on stage. We roared, we hooted, we hollered. (Well, I don't know what everyone else did, but with me being giddy and all that's what I did!) And we all geared up for some sweet entertainment. We sang along, laughed and were on our feet as Mark pulled off another exciting concert.



And the piano! Yes, there was plenty of Mark behind the piano doing what he does best, playing and inspiring with his voice, music and lyrics. He's such a wonderful performer and storyteller that the audience is quickly drawn in. It's like an evening with a friend. And I take it all in and thoroughly enjoy.every.minute.of.it. Sweetness to my soul.



And a little more singing with POG's back-up band:



With all of the special treatment and with such an excellent concert, it made for a very memorable evening out/date night for which I am most grateful. And not too soon will forget.



6 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun!! And I think it's ok to lean towards a famous musician for a minute...as long as you go home with the cute guy on your other arm! You *sound* like a giddy school girl, I wish I could've seen it!!

    P.S. You look radiant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee for you!! Glad you had such a good time and soaked in all the special treats. How fun!! You are clearly glowing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You.are.gorgeous.

    so glad you had fun! you must frame the pic of you and your hubs "basking in the glow"

    love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are great at capturing the evening! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fabulous time! I've seen Point of Grace before. I think their harmonies are beautiful. Their Christmas album is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...