Thursday, April 19, 2012

Get Moving



I am not the biggest fan of early mornings nor a fitness enthusiast. I won't lie and say that I am or pretend that I am the Hottest mama in my circle of friends. Not.by.a.long.shot. But, I'm trying my darnedest.(Not the hot mama part, the fitness enthusiast part)

It may not even be that I need more sleep (both little girls are sleeping through the night currently..praise God!) when the alarm goes off. It's just something about the cozy bed that calls to me more than any fitness equipment or workout DVD.

I muster up my strength and roll out of bed. I am trying to get in a better habit of doing this. THIS. Being healthy, getting the 'ol body moving and feeling good. I've tried numerous configurations and time frames to get exercise squeezed in during the day. Currently, the rise-and-shine-before-the-kids-eventhough-I-really-dislike-this is the only way it's working. Sure there are days when I can fit it in during the day or in the evening, but I'd rather not chance it.

No, I'm not a fan of exercising and just *love* to do it. I get bored with the same thing, I want to see results, I want to feel results. Mostly though, I want to set a good example of health for my children and I want to feel healthy and fit.

For the most part, I walk. It may be outside in the fresh air as a family or sometimes just me and the kids. Now with my early morning workouts, I alternate between walking with Leslie, the treadmill or even my recumbent bike. Some days I also incorporate resistance bands (working on those hips and thighs), some small weights (not much, since hefting around the little girls can be weight training enough)and a few other quick exercises.

These all help me feel good and maybe, just maybe I'll be up for a 5K sometime this year yet.

Even if I don't have the time or the energy, I remind myself that I need to just get moving. Slowly, I start to get into it. With the ups and downs of life, schedules, children, household duties, homeschooling, etc. it can be a challenge. We all come up with a million excuses. But it's a choice and a change I'm working hard at right now.

I'm glad that I am making this choice, no matter how much I dislike that 5 am wake-up call.


3 comments:

  1. Kudos to you! I definitely couldn't get myself out of bed at 5am. 6:30 is hard enough for me.

    Love the picture of the 4 kids on the sidebar! What a beautiful family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Sarah!! Good for you!!

    Hard to believe just a year ago, I was doing the same....my how things can change in a year...my littles however are NOT sleeping through the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know I am a crazy one that actually LOVES to work out! But not at 5 am!! Last night, I fed the kids, got them in pj's and gave them their one tv show of the day (just so you don't think I'm terrible!) and left my hubby to bathe and feed the baby while I went for a quick 4.5 mile run. it was such an awesome time to go. It was cool and still daylight (6:45 pm) but without the normal sun glare I get. I'm thinking of making it a "thing". :)

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...