Monday, April 30, 2012

Easy Crockpot Pork Chops

A quick google search on Saturday morning led me to this easy supper recipe (easycrockpot.com) I was without several ingredients, but improvised and found a family friendly meal. Since it already has potatoes included, I did serve lettuce salad and squash on the side as well.

**I've added my adjustments and changes in parenthesis.




2 1/2 lbs of bone-in pork loin chops  (5 boneless pork chops)

5-6 medium potatoes sliced in 1/2 inch pieces

1 can of cream of mushroom soup

1/4 cup spicy brown mustard  (1/8 cup yellow mustard)

1 medium onion (sliced)  (2 tablespoons dry minced onion)

2 teaspoons of minced garlic (garlic powder)

1 teaspoon of salt

1 teaspoon of pepper (1/2 teaspoon)

1 teaspoon of basil  (Italian seasoning)

1 tablespoon of oil

1 tablespoon of butter or margarine

1/2 cup of chicken broth


Directions

--Place potatoes and onion in bottom of slow cooker.

--Put pork chops on top of vegetables.

--Combine all other ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Pour over the top of the pork chops.

--Cook on low 8-10 hours (5 hrs. on high and 3 hrs. on low) or until meat in center is no longer pink.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds so easy and looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really easy and quick, which was good because I had little time to spare with fussing over supper.

    And, the meat was 'soft' (as a certain child of mine calls it when it is easy to chew and digest), so it was a hit with all members of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! My family seems to be living off of crock pot recipes these days. I will try this!

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...