Thursday, October 15, 2009

Creamy Dutch Apple Dessert



I needed a quick dessert to make over the weekend and I was in the mood for something that I could use one of my jars of homemade apple pie filling. It needed to be quick and easy (as usual!). This one received rave reviews and Reed even mentioned that he liked it BETTER THAN apple pie!! I think I found a keeper!!

I found the following recipe on Cooks.com:


Creamy Dutch Apple Dessert

1/3 c. butter, melted
2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 c. sour cream
1/4 c. reconstituted lemon juice
1 can apple pie filling (I used a qt. of my homemade filling)

Optional (I chose not to add these):
1/4 c. chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix melted butter and graham cracker crumbs. Pat into bottom of 1 1/2 qt. shallow baking dish.

Mix together sweetened condensed milk, sour cream and lemon juice, spread evenly over crumbs. Spoon pie filling evenly over creamy layer. Bake 25 mins. or until set (it took closer to 45 mins. in my oven). Cool slightly. In small dish, mix together nuts and cinnamon, sprinkle over pie filling. May be served warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers.

Tasted very good when warm and topped with vanilla ice cream!

**You can also substitute blueberry, cherry or peach pie filling**







No comments:

Post a Comment

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...