Thursday, February 25, 2010

In His Own Sweet Time

I found this prayer on a comment to an old post over at Margaret's. Once again, I couldn't help but see the perfect timing. A simple prayer for me to abide by this season.

"Lord, teach me to be patient-with life, with people, and with myself. I sometimes try to hurry things along too much, and I push for answers before the time is right. Teach me to trust your sense of timing rather than my own and to surrender my will to Your greater and wiser plan. Help me let life unfold slowly, like the small rosebud whose petals unravel bit by bit, and remind me that in hurrying the bloom along, I destroy the bud and much of the beauty therein.

Instead, let me wait for all to unfold in its own time. Each moment and state of growth contains loveliness. Teach me to slow down enough to appreciate life and all it holds. Amen."





2 comments:

  1. A beautiful prayer Sarah...thanks for sharing. When I read it, it reminds me of the song that I listen to often by Kathy Troccoli....Walk A Different Road.....so now I walk a different road....I've run ahead and gone too slow....Ive got to be still now, waiting on His will now...this time, it's going to be His time. I may not always understand...everything in His time! Just a few of the words...it's one of those that brings me to tears, but also inspires me....Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Thank you Sarah! I certainly needed to read this one this morning.

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...