Monday, February 8, 2010

February Daybook

For Today 2.8.2010

Outside My Window...more snow.

I Am Thinking...about flowers and color and how much more I appreciate the thought of them when I stare out at a vast area of complete white.

I Am Thankful For...a busy, fun day on Saturday with Fr. G, my parents and some friends. And a relaxing, restful day on Sunday.

From The Learning Room...more practice on letters and numbers for Jonah, including a lot more work on pre-reading skills; St. Valentine's Day projects.

From The Kitchen...plans for soup and easy slow-cooker recipes, since I'll be away from home several days this week. And these muffins for the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes.

I Am Creating...thoughts in my head of garden additions for this summer and plans for flower garden expansions in our yard.

I Am Reading...The Handbook for Catholic Moms: Nurturing your Heart, Mind, Body and Soul, that I had pre-ordered from Amazon.

I Am Hoping...that my scratchy throat doesn't amount to anything and no other family members are effected.

Around The House...a rearranged living room and pondering on paint colors.

One Of My Favorite Things...a sale at Old Navy. Their Semi-Annual Kids & Baby Sale is going on now.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...doctor appointment on Tuesday; Little Flowers meeting on Wednesday; feast of Our Lady of Lourdes on Thursday; Reed and I speak at a local Marriage Course on Saturday (and hopefully a Valentine's date night to follow).

Picture Thought I Am Sharing...I ran across this old photo last week and it made my aching heart, ache all the more.





Thanks to our host, The Simple Woman's Daybook.






2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an eventful week!! Still offering prayers for tomorrow's appt. Drive safely!!!!

    And I may just be heading to Old Navy's site now...thanks:)

    Sweet, sweet picture. Thanks for sharing:) Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a darling photo. Good luck with your busy week. I know what you mean I am planning some fast meals too.
    Hope your week is Blessed,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...