Monday, October 26, 2009

Apple Week

Last week was declared 'Apple Week' and we filled our days with baking, crafts and stories. It was a last minute, impromptu decision to create Apple Week, but with a little help from the library, some copies I had previously made from an old Mailbox Yearbook and plans that came together for having company at our house, all came together quite well.

Some of the books in our library basket:

How Do Apples Grow?
Apple Farmer Annie
Amazing Apples
Golden Delicious: A Cinderella apple story
Dappled Apples
Up, Up, Up! It's apple picking time

Our Crafts:

Apple Art



Apple Pals



A-peel-ing Apples



We made the Creamy Dutch Apple Dessert again and also Apple Stuffed French Toast for breakfast one morning.

It was a pretty simple themed week that I could have gone in numerous directions with, but since it was planned quickly I think it actually turned out pretty darn good. We all had a great time and lots of fun with it too!




3 comments:

  1. Fun, fun, fun!!! I love theme weeks! I bet the kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neet ideas, I might have to try them. Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...