Friday, September 11, 2009

Hi Lo: September 11th



HI's:


1) Last Friday I had another consult appointment with my long distance physician who has been giving me most of my 'doctor's orders' regarding the infertility issue. Although we have not reached our goal (pregnancy, if you haven't been following along), my progesterone and estradiol numbers were significantly higher. Those are good signs that at least the HCG shots I've been getting these last few months are definitely paying off. I'll continue receiving those in order to keep those levels where they should be.

2) Being that we took the two hour drive to my doctor as a family, we made a couple of stops along the way home for a fun time for the kids. It allowed for extra family time during the last week of summer vacation. Woo-hoo!

3) We're back in school! The first week is going well and we're all enjoying it. Major accomplishment since a certain little girl in our house was convinced the last few weeks that she didn't really 'need' to go to school and that she knew EVERYTHING already.

4) Reed & I celebrated our 8th anniversary!! Where has the time gone?! I won't lie and say that it will be our most memorable ever, but that's okay. We've got lots more to come! There were a number of things that happened that day, so we didn't go out for supper as planned. Instead, with the short notice I had I was still able to whip up a fantastic, tasty meal for the 4 of us instead and even the kids loved it!

5) My dear friend in Blogville, Mommy Monkey, made an announcement yesterday. She's having a baby!! Go congratulate her here. I'm so excited for her!


LO's:

1) Although I had good results for my hormone levels, my doctor did inform me that PCOS still cannot be completely ruled out as a cause for the infertility issue. I will take a break from my meds. that are supposed to be helping with ovulation and she has put me on another drug, Metformin, that may give me some extra help and it is proven to lend a hand in women with PCOS diagnosis. I'll have a re-check in a few months to see if it helps. We're hoping that things will continue to make a change and that it will all lead in future pregnancy.

2) I lost three pounds. Yes, normally this would be a High if I was any other normal woman. Since I feel like I am already at an adequate weight and I wasn't doing anything in particular to lose the weight, it isn't necessarily the best thing for me since we are TTC. I'm hoping I don't have any more significant weight loss since I am already much thinner than I was prior to having my children.



How was your week? I hope it was a good one!

What were your Highs and Lows?



2 comments:

  1. YOu are thinner now than before kids? You little stinker!! Happy happy anniversary :) Make sure your hubby takes you out for a belated dinner, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...