Sunday, February 8, 2009

From The Recipe Box




I made this recipe the other day and was absolutely delighted when the alterations I made to it turned out. And the kids love them too! Just sharing a recipe thought for your Sunday. Here is the original, along with my modifications in parenthesis. Enjoy!

Breakfast(Granola)Bars

3/4 cup Flour (1 cup Flour)
3/4 cup Granola or Toasted Wheat Germ (1 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal)
1/4 cup Sugar (I omitted the Sugar)
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 cup Butter, melted
1/4 cup Honey
1 Egg
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 c. Raisins (3/4 cup dried Apple pieces)


*Grease an 8 inch square pan. Combine flour, granola, sugar, baking powder & cinnamon.
*Stir in butter, honey, egg & vanilla; mix well.
*Stir in raisins.
*Press into pan. Bake until lightly brown. Cool.
*Cut into bars & wrap individually in plastic wrap.
(I put them each in a snack size plastic bag)




***And no, the above picture is NOT my personal Recipe Box. I wish it were though, it's kind of cute! ***








No comments:

Post a Comment

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...