I am honored to be doubly tagged for the 5 Things & Liebster award. A shout out to Billie Jo at Afternoon Coffee & Evening Tea, who is a sweet lady and faithful commenter here. The other came from a new-to-me blogger, Erica at Boys, Books & Balls. You both are so sweet to think of me!
Five Interesting (um, maybe) Things About Me:
1. When I was young I most often could be found reading a book in the corner somewhere or in my room. These days, I just dream about doing it. Or fall asleep when I actually do get to read.
2. I never attended college. I thought about it and started the process even just for the local technical college when I was about 19, but didn't go through with it. I was going to enroll in either the hotel/motel management program or the travel agent/guide program. Oh how things change. Every once in a while I think about what would be different if I had obtained some type of degree, but it sure is nice not having any school debt.
3. I served with NET Ministries in 1998-99 on Team Four. The team number doesn't matter to you, but if you are NETter, it most certainly does. It was the hardest year of my life and yet probably helped me grow the most emotionally and spiritually.
4. I only have one brother, 15 months older than myself, and he was in the seminary for 4 1/2 years. While that has nothing to do with me, in a way it almost has everything to do with me. My family spent a lot of time visiting him and the seminarians since he was just under 2 hours away for 4 of those years. Those years I was blessed to meet and spend time with seminarians and priests and I think they fostered a fondness for seminarians and priests that I still have. (Now, now, don't go thinking me weird or that I liked it because HELLO, there were a ton of guys there and I was young. Not the point.)
5. Reed and I began dating mid-December 2000, quickly starting talking love, marriage and family. We were engaged February 13, 2001 and married September 8, 2001. A whirlwind, but I wouldn't change a thing.
Now, for my questions. Since I had two nominations and I don't have time to answer all of their questions, I'm going to choose 5 from each of the ladies.
From Billie Jo:
1. Would you rather drink coffee or tea?
Coffee, for sure. With flavored creamer. I'm spoiled.
2. What is your ideal day? Staying home, or going out?
I'd say staying home, because that is what I'm used to. I do have to say that I do enjoy/need to get out sometimes too (alone) because I need the time away. Most often though, I just enjoy being home and my hubby is the exact same way.
3. How did you choose you first child's name?
I just came up with the name Lily one day and mentioned it to Reed. He didn't like it right away, but came back to me a couple weeks later and said 'you know I've been thinking and I really like the name Lily.' It grew on him and I loved it's simplicity. When we saw her for the first time, we looked at one another and said "that's our Lily" and knew for sure.
4. What is your favorite meal to eat? And to prepare?
Hmm...this is tough. I really don't have a specific favorite for either. I guess an old stand-by at our house is lasagna made with my homemade, canned spaghetti sauce. Delish!
5. Which of your child's tv shows would you choose to run for a 24 hour marathon in your home?
Gosh, a number of them annoy me or I've learned to tune them out. Off the top of my head, I guess I'd say Arthur since it doesn't bug me too much and is something my big kids still tolerate and don't make fun of.
6. If you could have a conversation with one of the women of the Bible which lady would you choose and why?
Mary. I think she has a lot she could teach me and she is such a perfect role model for me as a mom and wife.
7. Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall? Favorite season of the year and why?
I guess I would have to say Spring, mostly because it follows Winter and I despise Winter. Spring is so full of new life, a new garden planting season, flowers that start to grow again and the grass gets green again.
8. Do you ever dream of taking a short vacation alone or with a couple of close girlfriends? If so, where would you go and what would you do?
I long to go on a dream vacation with my husband, but I don't know if I could manage to be away from the kids for too long. I want to travel to Rome with my husband one day before we are too old.
9. Night owl or morning person?
Morning person, but not by choice. My kids are early risers so I've forced myself to get up before them to start the day and became a morning person.
10. How many states have you visited?
18, but most of them I merely drove through or stopped for a short amount of time while traveling.
Alrighty, enough about me. How about you? I think I am suppose to tag anyone with less than 200 followers and give them 10 questions. Please forgive me if I tag you and you've already done this post. I know I've seen a number of you post recently, but can't remember each of you.
1. What is your favorite hobby? Something you spend lots of time doing or something you wish you could spend more time doing?
2. Do you have a favorite breakfast cereal? What is it?
3. When was the last time you went on a retreat? Would you do it again/are you planning on another one soon?
4. What color were your bridesmaids dresses at your wedding?
5. What would an ideal date night with your hubby be?
6. Haircoloring. Yes or No?
7. What is a boy or girl name you like, but would never use?
8. If you could get away from your kids and travel abroad, where would you go?
9. Favorite holiday, Christmas or Easter? Why?
10. Most recent book you read or are currently reading?
Thanks for joining in and reading my Five Things list. I look forward to reading more from you!