Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hi Lo: July 3rd



HI's:

1) I was able to spend time with my extended family on Sunday as we celebrated my grandparents 65th anniversary. Good food and conversation, always a hit!

2) The local strawberry patch opened on Tuesday evening and we were one of the first customers to arrive. I've already canned several pints of strawberry-rhubarb jam, eaten lots of fresh berries and have plans for a pie this weekend. Oh I love my strawberries! It was so much fun to go pick the berries as a family this year too! Lily was a great picker and Jonah started off picking, but eventually just starting eating them instead. That's my boy.

3) I had a consult visit with a local NFP-only physician and he's on board with my treatment plan from my current physician (Dr. K who is two hours away) and will help in any way he can. This will be especially handy since there are several things that may lead me to need accurate, timely care and the twenty minute drive would be more convenient than the two hour one. (This physician is also a Dr. K, so I've got a female Dr. K and a male Dr. K now!!)

4) I won something! I NEVER win anything. I won Making Music Praying Twice from Margaret. I received the Easter-Pentecost CD the other day and have only had the chance to listen to a couple of songs, but I'm intrigued with the whole program. Worth looking into. (If you'd like to request a FREE CD, click here)


LO's:

1) The weather has been cooler here and the winds have geared up again. Unfortunately, I think this is leading to some possible allergy issues for Miss Lily. Nothing too awful yet, but sneezing, runny nose and a swollen eye on Wednesday.


How was your week? What were your family's High's and Low's?

Have a wonderful weekend! Happy 4th of July!






2 comments:

  1. My kids have woken up with bloodshot sandy eyes lately - allergies! I'd rather it be allergies then pink eye. Maybe I should put Zyrtec on the shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 65 years!? Wow, what a fun celebration. :)

    As for allergies, Sophie has them too... We use children's Zyrtec (when we remember!) and it helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...