Monday, June 29, 2009

65 Years

Aren't they cute?



Yesterday, a bunch of my extended family celebrated the 65th wedding anniversary of my grandparents. Yes, 65 years of wedded bliss. What a milestone! At ages 89 and 86, how much they have to celebrate. Truth be told, there were probably many tough years of hardship than there was of pure bliss. They have survived some pretty tough storms in all of those years. My grandma has had numerous surgeries and sicknesses and my grandpa has had his fair share too, most recently with his fall this past winter.

I'm sure faithfulness and perseverance haven't always been easy in their relationship as they've bore their share of troubles, but they have always remained a strong, Catholic couple. They have been a prominent couple in their local parish that everyone knows. After that many years, how couldn't they? I still remember the hundreds of well-wishers at their 60th anniversary open house at church. The line was endless and I think we experienced the multiplication of the food we were serving numerous times!

What a blessing and witness they have been to the Sacrament of Matrimony! Happy 65th Anniversary Grandpa & Grandma K. (Papa E & Gramma R)!




1 comment:

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...