Monday, August 31, 2015

Praying For Families & Preparing For Pope Francis





You know that the World Meeting of Families and Pope Francis' visit to Philadelphia is just a few weeks away, right? After reading the latest Catholic Digest, I checked out their website full of information and prayers. Check it out out for yourself over here.


I've printed off the Prayer for Families leading up to the big events later next month. Join our family and print your own prayer to perhaps pray at mealtime with your loved ones gathered at the table.




This is the official Holy Family photo for the World Meeting. Isn't it lovely? That's St. Joachim and St. Anne in the background.


In the meantime while we are on baby watch for the next week and a half, I'm all like



And trying to come up with something super cool for us to do here during his visit. Maybe we can make it really memorable and have baby's baptism happen that weekend?

My parents found these Fans of Francis that we'll be waving as we watch as much of his visit as possible.



But I will admit that the little resident #1 Papa Francis fans may need one of these from Amazon before then as well:





Sure, God's wonderful plan for a family addition the same month the Pope visits the U.S. kind of thwarted any dreamy plans we had for possibly seeing him in person, but we'll be watching and for once all be in the same country with him. 

How exciting is that?


How about you? Are you getting ready for any Pope gazing or Pope watching plans?


Let's all be a part of the Pope-arazzi this month as we wait and also come together in prayer. 





3 comments:

  1. I mean, yes we are excited for Pope Francis but I think we are all super excited for baby watch too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...we don't have TV....so I"m more excited for your baby to come!! Ha!! Fun post though...have to admit, have not done anything to prepare for this great event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just printed out the prayer! Thank you, dear girl. And wouldn't that be just wonderful to have a baptism when he's in the area ;) I have not done anything to get ready. I am getting super excited about the canonization of Blessed Junipero Serra!! The kids have all studied that saintly man in their Seton History. Thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...