Friday, January 16, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday

1. This week has been a bit long in our house. We've been confined indoors all week, mostly due to the snow and frigid temps. We've come up with plenty of things to do, but it just seems that this week has kind of been never ending. One of the projects Lily is working on this week is her jewelry box kit she received as a Christmas gift. It's become quite the little artistic box and she can't wait to put her few pieces of jewelry inside when it's finished.

2. This weekend is one of our few long weekends at our house. We look forward to weekends like these because it means daddy is home for 3 days instead of 2! Due to MLK Jr. Day on Monday, daddy will be home with us. It is one of the things I am grateful for, due to Reed being a city government employee. No big plans, but that's good too.

3. I've been thankful this week that I've made a better effort (and succeeded) at creating a better/workable time each day for my personal and family prayer time. So far, it's been a good schedule and I hope we can keep it up!

4. I've been in kind of a rut when it comes to our evening/supper meal. Nothing has really been sound that enticing, for whatever reason, and even less appealing to prepare and put on the table. I finally sat down again this week and put together some menu ideas and prepared a couple of meals to put in the freezer for another day. Maybe that will help me get out of my rut and enjoy making supper again!

5. For Christmas, I put together a gift for Lily I thought she'd enjoy. I cut blocks of fleece for her to make a tie blanket. At the time I was thinking of the fun we'd have working on it together this winter. It turned out to be 48 blocks total. Well, I don't know WHAT I WAS THINKING!! Lily is struggling with the tieing and easily gets frustrated/bored with the project. So, guess who's been working on the tie blanket?? Yes, me. Not that I wouldn't enjoy it, but after awhile it gets tedious. Now I'm thinking that we can leave it half completed and hope my nephew's wife has a baby girl next month and give to her! Guess how well that idea was received when I brought it up yesterday! So, I will continue to plow on with the blanket and not consider a project this large for my 6 year old anytime again soon! I think we'll stick with painting animals and jewelry boxes!!

6. Yesterday I ordered two books for myself and can't wait to get them started. They are: Grace Cafe & The Domestic Church: Room by Room . Both are by author Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle. All things mommy hood and domestic church seem to draw me in these days, so these books are looking enticing.

7. Although this week has had some rough spots and the winter is overwhelming me, I have had my heart warmed and my head filled as I've been inspired. I have slowly been adding to my 'Blogs I Read' list and surrounded myself with some amazing women. I enjoy daily peeking in the windows of their homes and hearts as they share their lives as mothers. Check them out in my list of 'Blogs I Read' in my sidebar and I'm sure you will agree! Thanks Ladies!


For more Quick Takes Friday, check out Jennifer at Conversion Diary!





3 comments:

  1. Thanks for including me on your list! I am so happy to have "met" you. I learn so much from other Catholic mommies across the country and world even, thanks to the internet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know how you like the books...I've been on the fence about ordering them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you glad you found our site and now we have found yours! I would love to hear more about those books too! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...