Saturday, November 20, 2010

Early Morning

I am awake much too early, but cannot sleep.

Baby and I cozy up on the couch in the chilly morning and we enjoy the stillness here.

Together we await the morning light.

He/she stirs and wiggles about while I silently type.

A little one so small and yet so strong that every movement is felt.

It's hard to imagine what it was like before.

A weary heart longing for this moment.

Silent hours shared between the two of us getting to know each other.

Mother and child.

My mind skips ahead several months.

We are here again, but baby is sleeping cradled in my arms.

Imagine the time we will spend together.

Precious moments that we will share.

And perhaps some very sleepless, unhappy nights.

Changes ahead for all of us, but so worth it.

I try to imagine it all, but can't.

So in awe am I of this little wonder and of the God who chose to bring him/her to bless our family.










3 comments:

  1. Oh, I can feel your anxiety just reading what you wrote, you worded it perfectly!

    Have a great weekend!!

    (Yes, when I'm pregnant, I blame the baby for you know what's, thanks for the laugh back this morning!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait for this little one to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this.... so simply worded and so full of gratitude and joy.

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...