1) Since I missed doing my Hi-Lo's last week, I didn't get to share this one. My IRL friend, Michelle (and her husband) welcomed Blaise Benedict last week. The kids and I were able to visit mama and baby in the hospital and see precious little Blaise. He's a cutie, that's for sure!
2) Over the weekend we received some much needed rain. It wasn't a lot, but enough to get our yard and gardens looking a bit better. Even as it started raining it caused Lily to remark, 'when was the last time it rained?' I can't even remember, it's been THAT long. We're thankful for whatever we get at this point and I'm hoping that we get some more before it gets too dry around here again.
3) The rain caused us to focus on a few things indoors, which was good since I've been wanting to get some more organizing/cleaning done in the corner of the garage. It's Reed's tool/work corner, but it just hasn't been living up to its full potential since it seemed that everything just ended up piled on the shelves. I will be posting photos once it is complete, but let me say that it is looking SO MUCH better!
4) I've heard a number of mommy bloggers mention their use of The Shred and until the other week I had no idea what they were talking about. That is, until Colleen mentioned it and had a picture of Jillian Michaels' Shred DVD. I thought I'd give it a try and ordered it from Netflix. One week into it and I think I like it. Of course, I'm still on Workout 1. It's short and sweet, but seems effective. No major changes that I notice just yet, but I was mostly looking for a change in my workout routine and something quick.
1) Wood ticks, Army worms, Mosquitoes...oh my! We've got them all! It's THAT time of year in MN. The unfortunate part is that the army worms joined the ticks and 'squitos this year. They aren't here every year (thankfully), but they're here now. And yuck-o. The last few days they are crawling on our garage and porch and they are moving from the trees (of which they've eaten the leaves off of) to my perennials and our raspberry plants. So far, they've stayed away from our vegetable garden. What's the point of growing your own garden and trying to keep it organic if you have to spray for army worms?! I'm hoping this all ends soon, because it really does feel like a PLAGUE when I walk out my door.
Don't believe me? They are everywhere!
Perhaps you would like to sit on my bench?
See what Colleen's Hi Lo's were this week. Have a great weekend!