8 Things I Am Looking Forward To:
1. Getting to the greenhouse and buying more perennials and my annual flowers for my pots and flower gardens in our yard. I love tending them throughout the summer. Not that I do it so well or that is isn't a lot of work, but I just love the color that fills our yard when everything is in bloom.
2. Planting our garden and reaping it's abundant harvest. We do this every year and try to keep it a family activity. And in these tough economic times, who couldn't use some free vegetables out of your own garden!
3. The Catholic Homeschool conference at the end of May. I'm already perusing the catalogs/online and deciding what we'll be using for curriculum choices in the fall. This year I'll be adding more for Jonah since he'll be in preschool, but I've got to find something that will hold my little Thomas-themed boy's attention. Reed and I also make the conference an event we attend together, so we look forward to it!
4. A couple of sweet ladies' little arrivals at the end of May (Lerin, Margaret & IRL friend Michelle). Can't wait!!
5. A few possible summer projects around home: tiling in the kitchen and laminate flooring throughout a majority of the main floor. Of course, these are only POSSIBLE projects and we'll have to see if we can swing them financially, but they are a lot of fun to think about!
6. Doing something special for Mother's Day. Not sure what just yet, but hubby usually makes a big deal out of it and enlists the kids' help and I enjoy whatever it is whether planned or last minute arrangements. I want to do something special with my mom and Lily this year too, but perhaps that will be the following weekend so that we can extend Mother's Day a bit.
7. Garage Sales! This has become a hobby of mine while in my mommy years and I've gotten pretty good at spotting a "good" one from a block away! I also know which local cities have their city-wide sales and keep them marked on my calendar. This year, unfortunately, three of my usual frequented ones are on a Saturday that we have to head out of town. I wonder if I can do a little before we leave? Hmm...
8. Certainly not the least on my list, but just happens to be the last on this list: A BABY! Hopefully one day VERY soon we'll have good news.
8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Attended Mass with my family.
2. Enjoyed brunch that Reed prepared after Mass.
4. Made cookies with hubby and kids.
5. Went for a short walk in the rain.
6. Attended to little projects like filing and paying bills!
7. Enjoyed Dinner that wonderful hubby prepared.(I know, Sunday's make me spoiled!)
8. Relaxed in the evening and watched Amazing Race.
8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
1. Conceive again! (I know, I keep mentioning it, but it's on my mind!)
2. Read a little more in the evening after the kids are in bed and NOT fall asleep while doing it!
3. Sew from a pattern with ease and without frustration. I can do some pretty good basic stuff, but I do wish I could sew a simple dress one day too.
4. Have Reed home for more than two days each week. I know, I should be grateful for what we do have because it's more than some families get. It's just that our weekends are always too short and go too fast.
5. Keep a better exercise routine. I know it's good for me and it's a healthy choice, but I have a hard time always sticking to my exercise plans.
6. Dance as beautifully as some of those ladies on Dancing With The Stars. But with a little more clothing.
7. Be graced with a bit more patience.
8. Travel to Rome with my family. Perhaps one day, but it seems unlikely since hubby is not big into traveling. Anywhere.
8 Shows I Watch:
1. Amazing Race
2. Dancing with the Stars
3. Biggest Loser
4. The Office
5. Ace of Cakes
6. The Mentalist
7. Rachael Ray
8. Bathtastic (or any show really on my new FAVORITE channel, DIY!!)
Some of these are rather hit-or-miss, depending on the week, but I like to watch when/if I can.
Ok, so now I'm to the part where I am supposed to tag 8 people, but I really don't like doing that, so I'll just do a few. Let me know if I forgot you and you want to play along!
Amy, Lerin, Stacey, Colleen.