Monday, April 20, 2015

April Days {Spring Daybook}


Outside my window... the perennials are uncovered and the flowerbeds show promise of a blooming season ahead. Now if we could just get more rain, that would help the buds pop out on the trees as well.



Thinking about... summer plans. With baby due to arrive just as we've finished summer and started school up again, I'm trying to figure out how much we can pack into the summer months. I don't want to overdue it, but I do want to make some plans for small special day trips/projects/fun things together and separately with the kids. I'd like to get in a little retreat/getaway for myself, perhaps a day or two away with Reed, some time with Lily (she'll turn 13 later in September, just after baby arrives), plus Jonah time (being he's the only boy stuck with all the girls), in addition to the other family outings and little things with the little girls too. With half a pregnancy left to fit it in and the usual summer busyness, I'll really need to be intentional about my planning and start getting things penciled in on the calendar.


I am hearing... Reed in the kitchen making pizza for supper (I'm writing this Sunday evening) and the little girls skittering about gathering up items to head outside.


Praying for...  moms and their families who need prayers: Annie and her family; Ann Coakley and her new baby Blaze; the Rogan Family; healthy baby and pregnancy; those who have asked for my prayers.


What I'm reading... following Sarah's recommendation and review, I picked up this book heading into Holy Week. I haven't had near enough time to pick it up and read, but I'm nearing the end. I wasn't sure if I'd be a good candidate for the Biblical historical fiction, but thought I'd give it a try. I'm glad I did. I'm really enjoying the author's writing and look forward to checking into the other books in the series.






From the kitchen... I'll be winging it again this week since I neglected to menu plan. The pantry and cupboards are well stocked, so I should be able to pull together a few meals. The crock pot may be my best ally again this week with a heavier schedule and cooler outdoor weather temps.


From the schoolroom...we're heading into the homestretch and our last six weeks of the school year. We'll be doing the CAT testing mid-May and I'm hoping that will help us best assess how to proceed with curricula for Lily as she heads to seventh grade in the fall.


Around the house... the windows were open last week to send out the winter air and bring in the springtime freshness. In a fit of crazy, nesting pregnant frenzy, I cleaned out/sorted and organized some of the girls' toys. I may need to do some more in the coming months, but at least for now I feel like there's less 'stuff' where I don't need so much stuff. Reed is working hard and plugging away at that basement bathroom each weekend he can. With the help of the resident interior designers, a paint color was chosen and we should be able to get it on the walls soon. The next tough part for Reed will be tiling the shower and putting down the faux tile linoleum squares. We're hopeful that the project won't hit a complete standstill once the weather turns really nice and outdoor work demands more of our time.




Baby belly... we've made it to Week 19. I'm able to feel more baby movements now and the little girls are eager to feel baby move too. Margaret seems to be most fascinated by my growing belly and pokes at it while asking me baby related questions. Gianna is also full of questions, but mostly wide eyed at the size of my belly, especially after suppertime. Jonah just keeps on mentioning that he really hopes baby is a boy and Lily is mostly concerned with logistics like arrival date, baby names, Godparents, etc.



Coming up this week... Lily and Jonah are in a short historical spring play/musical with our homeschool group which means another three days with two hour long rehearsals. Jonah turns double digits (10 already!!) on Tuesday and we'll have my older two nephews overnight on the weekend. Play performance is on Friday evening, so that will kick off our weekend.


Photo to share... My brother's family welcomed another little boy just before Easter. We were happy to join them and share in little Lewis John's Baptism last weekend.





Have a wonderful Spring week!

6 comments:

  1. I've the new bathroom plans! You will appreciate it more than you thought you would. Your children's thoughts on the impending arrival of Baby are so fun to read. It truly reflects their maturity and gender ;)
    Thank heaven for your spring weather. I always enjoy what you do outdoors with your green thumb! Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful, Sarah!
    Pregnancy agrees with you! : )
    Have a wonderful week with those sweeties...
    The end of the year always brings the extra crazy!
    And I will pray for those you are praying for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew...you are busy! Lots going on!
    You do looks so healthy and beautiful.
    Praying for you and a healthy baby. So blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the cutest baby bump ever!! I'm sure Jonah would like a brother but he will be thrilled no matter what.

    I'll have to check out that series of books. They look interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the book recommendation - I'm always looking for something good to read. The past few I've tried have failed miserably...not even able to make it through to the end.
    You look great! Hope you enjoyed last week's spring weather. We had a bit of snow this morning....oy! Will this winter ever die?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a Aug 24 baby (Bridget) and a Sept 2 girl (Clare)...both times, we started school in August and took off September. Does that help any?

    Loved this post...cute baby belly, beautiful mama....beautiful kiddos, plants blooming...new bathroom work getting done!!!

    Pencil me in on that calendar--OK?

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...