Thursday, March 6, 2014

Beginning Of March Daybook



Outside my Window...

The sun is out and it's nearly 20 degrees. Heat wave! It almost makes me believe that spring is around the corner.

 I am Thankful for...

The next day or two at home without plans, especially since a couple of us have come down with colds.

I am Thinking about...

The Winter Carnival/Mardi Gras event at our parish last Saturday. While I think everyone had fun, especially the kids, it really was a lot of work and planning.

Due to the extreme cold, our horse and wagon rides for the event were cancelled. A couple of guys took out any willing soul in the 'cutter' behind a snowmobile. Jonah was up for the challenge:



From the School Room...

Plugging along through our third quarter with a short spring break coming up at the end of the month. Nearing the finish line, but it's not quite in sight just yet.


What I am Reading...

With our parish for the Lenten season we are reading Everybody Needs to Forgive Somebody. Our priest bought each family a copy and we'll read and reflect on a couple chapters each week.




Reed and I are using the kindle edition of Lent & Easter Wisdom from Pope John Paul II for our daily meditation this season.




In my 'spare' time, I'm trying to pick up Black As Night by Regina Doman. Again, Kindle edition, which I'm kind of getting used to and find it easier to read when I have the time.




From the Kitchen...

Leftover chili from the freezer for supper.


Praying for...

Many mamas and babies due in the coming months.

A priest who is having health issues due to stress and anxiety.


I am Hearing...

A toddler chatting and singing; another toddler sniffling and snorting snot. Always two ends of the spectrum around here.


Around the House...

I am trying to get back on the running/jogging routine 3 days a week and it's feeling pretty good.

The winter décor is packed away, but it's not quite time for spring time pastels. A few spots of purple remind us that it's Lent.







Picture to Share...

A piñata of Olaf from Frozen that our priest made for the Winter Carnival. Yes, you read that right, our priest made this for the kids. It tied in well with the winter theme, but also the movie Frozen that a bunch of kids, parents and our priest watched at the end of the evening.





How awesome is that?!



Blessed Lent Everyone!


5 comments:

  1. That is indeed awesome!!!!
    As are the beautiful peeks of purple around your Lenten home.
    I too, packed away my winter snowmen and stuff, not because the snow is gone of course...more because I was incredibly tired of their smiling faces!!!
    Hope your colds are quick ones!
    Have a cozy weekend, my friend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks so nice and clean and uncluttered. That priest's pinata is amazing. I love it when priests get involved with families and kids. Glad at least one of us is running....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your daybook post! Truly :) I have a houseful that would have enjoyed a ride on the 'cutter'!! I think I would have, too. That Black as Night looks good. I need an easy read. Thanks for the suggestion. Your lent decor looks perfect and appropriate :) That piñata is awesome! Really awesome! How wonderful that he took the time to do that. Hope you all start feeling better soon. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That snowman is totally awesome!! Really neat that your priest cares about children and families to take the time to do that!!

    I hope you are feeling better soon. 40's in the forecast for Sunday!! Yahoo!! Happy dance happy dance!!

    I might start jogging...no, just kidding, not with these boobs!

    I got rid of all things snow too!....so sick of it!!!

    Have a great weekend!! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that snowmobile thing....Looks like so much fun!

    I like the books you are reading and that priest...really...he made that! amazing.

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...