Monday, May 20, 2013

Never Again...

 ....will I chuckle at someone running on the side of the road as I drive by.

Or how someone runs and looks kinda, sorta weird as they do so.




Because now that the weather is nicer and I've become THAT person running by on the road, 
I'm always kinda, sorta hoping those passing by aren't laughing at me.

Payback, don't ya think?

I mean for serious, it's more like a light(ish) jog(ish) sort of run. 

Let's be real, people, that's what it is.

Even if I'm (barely) pushing the 10:30/mile mark. On a good run. With the wind at my back.




Which leads me to think of Colleen. She's my personal trainer from like eight states away. 
She's talented like that.

One day we're gonna go on a run together IRL. Promise.




Please, dear readers, if you are ever near small town Minnesota and perhaps see me running, just smile and wave.

Keep the honking and laughing to yourself until you are at least on the other side of town, which will take you about 5 seconds. 

Do you think you can hold it in that long?

At least I'm staying active, that's what I keep telling myself. 
You know, because that makes me feel better.


Happy Monday Everyone!

9 comments:

  1. I always figure that any exercise is better than no exercise...no matter how it looks to the passer-by. Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise not to laugh at you running down the road if I am ever in your part of the world, Sarah...if you promise not to burst into hysterical fits of laughter if you ever saw me passed out on the side of the road. Two yards from my driveway. Deal? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took up running too, and this is how I feel. I always hope I don't look too weird running around! People should give others who run (and look like they don't do it often) more credit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, you are so funny! OK, as your personal trainer and outside runner extraordinaire (not really) I also think I look funny when I run. Maybe only elite marathoners feel good running outside, the rest of us are just trying to exercise without too much embarrassment. And whenever I see a runner, I don't make fun of them, I'm like "Go you!" and it makes me want to take another run :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, came back to add that I DO laugh at people in my aerobics classes at the gym. Some people just exercise to the beat of a different drum and it cracks me up.

      Delete
  5. Sarah, you are too hard on yourself, I KNOW you look wonderful out there! (I feel the same way when I WALK, these boobs are not running--I don't look at the people in the cars, eyes ahead, in my music zone)
    10 minute mile, that is the goal right? You are doing super!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a deal, as long as you keep your word and don't laugh at me when I attempt running again soon. I'm sure to be going by your house often! :)

    P.S.I hope you weren't running out in the rain this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was at the end of an 8 mile run on a country road when a car came driving towards me with a person hanging out of one of the windows. I was worried that I was going to get spit on or something, but it was a young woman screaming, "You go girl, you go!"

    Good for you for making time to exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WAY TO GO!!! So proud of you. And just so you know, when I did run, like two years ago (for three months in the dead of heat in summertime) I felt exactly what you described. LOL

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...