Monday, August 6, 2012

Proud To Be An American

Did you see it Saturday?

The Men's 4x100 Medley Relay, the last swimming event of the London 2012 Olympics?

And the last Olympic swim for our Golden (& Silver...& Bronze) Boy, Michael Phelps.



18 Gold + 2 Silver + 2 Bronze = A well-decorated/most decorated Olympic Champion


While I am not a sports enthusiast in the least, when you have the likes of Michael




and Ryan




and Missy




in the pool, it's so much fun to watch!



Of course, I can't forget young Gabby who gives God the extra shout-out when reflecting on her Olympic Gold.






What amazing athletes that God blessed with talent, determination and perseverance. It makes one proud to be an American!

And almost makes you forget about all of the other things going on in our fair country right now that make us feel a little less American. Almost.


3 comments:

  1. Hear! Hear! I couldn't agree more. Although, I made everyone boycott the Olympics last night and get to bed early for a change :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! We are loving the Olympics as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya about this giving us something to be proud of when there's so much else going on that makes me want to move to some remote island... I've enjoyed beingt able to cheer for my country while watching these inspiring young people.

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...