Friday, May 25, 2012

Beginning And End


Beginning of the School Year:











Today, End of the School Year:














What a difference nine months makes, huh?

We wrapped up our school year today. Year Four of homeschooling is officially complete. Whoa. Hard to believe.
I must say that I am very happy to be finished for the year. I We all are ready for the break of summertime.



See? Even Margaret is happy.




It's not that the academic portion was so tough, but it certainly did come with more challenges this year. It was more the learning to juggle school and home, while having a young one added in the mix, pregnancy, another baby and postpartum crammed in the midst of the school year. BUT, we survived and both students have come a long way.

We celebrated this evening with ice cream sundaes. It was the quickest last minute thing I could come up with since any other last day of school/end of the year plans didn't come together. Oh well, we'll have lots of summer to make up for that.



Bring on the Summer!

And I say that knowing full well that within a week I will be at odds with summer and wishing I had some amount of routine in my house.

And probably some sanity as well.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on another school year complete! Only three more days for me to be done too! Then we just need some nice, non-rainy weather for awhile to enjoy this Spring/Summer! :) Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah on finishing the school year! Way to go...you had such a tough year, too, with handling a infant turned toddler and then bringing another new life into the mix. Hats off to the teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't read you rblog in a long long time.. Last time I read you were just pregnant after a long wait!!! :D and I see you had a second little blessing!! oh what a joy!!! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good to hear from you again T.L.! It's been a while. Yes, two added blessings in a surprising turn of God's hand in fertility-ville :) So glad you stopped by again!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on another successful year, Sarah! Yes, isn't it amazing the change that occurs from the beginning of a school year to the end - in so many ways!!

    I hope to see you at the conference?
    Blessings to you all~

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...