Thursday, March 8, 2012

First Birthday Girl

While this post is almost three weeks late, I felt that I couldn't let Gianna be outdone by her sister's monumental post. So, albeit late, it will at least get posted.

Gianna's actual birthday, February 17th, we celebrated just a bit with my mom who came to visit/help out for two days. A couple of gifts and some cake were all we needed to call it a small party.

The birthday girl on her big day:




She really didn't care a whole lot about the gifts, but had lots of fun with the wrapping paper after someone else unwrapped the gift for her:




The following Sunday, when we held Greta's baptism, we decided to also celebrate Gianna's big birthday as well. Heck, why invite the same people over twice? And plan two parties?

After baptism, we all headed back to our house for a little lunch and cake, of course. Deciding on a cupcake theme, I found the giant cupcake pan at Joann's and bought it half off with coupon. I then made a few dozen cupcakes, complete with pink frosting, for everyone rather than an additional cake.




With all that was going on and the guests to visit with and entertain, I didn't get as many photos as I could have. I guess she will understand one day, being she's the third child and all. Thankfully though, I handed the camera over to Gianna's Godmother and she snapped some photos and I even got in a few.




We totally forgot just to put Gianna in her highchair and let her plow through her cake. Instead, Gianna got to be all proper and daddy fed her the cake. Sure, it's not as dramatic but the clean up is so much easier!








Gianna didn't really care a whole lot about gift opening that day either. Thankfully, our little great-niece #2 was there to help out and totally enjoyed herself. The birthday girl was a little too busy toddling around and playing with her little girl peeps.




It was a special day to celebrate our long-awaited Baby Blessing, Gianna, and the numerous ways her first year brought us all so much joy. How quickly the time as flown this year and my, how our family has changed and grown as well. We love you, our little Boo-Boo!


2 comments:

  1. Awwwwww, look at that sweet baby--I mean big girl!!! She will change so much this next year!!

    Love the giant cupcake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to say hi and to invite you to link up one of your posts on a networking meme. I've received a few requests to open up “Pay It Forward” to posts from a bloggers own blog and I thought I'd give it a try. Although the original idea was to share what you've seen elsewhere on the internet, I recognize that each time we post something on our own blogs we are also sharing Good News, great tips, wonderful prayers, fabulous photos, scrumptious recipes, hilarious humor, unbelievable books, stories of goodwill, or good things that have knocked our socks off. I hope you’ll post something from your blog.

    I'll leave the March linky open until March 14th. I can't wait to see what gets posted! http://alife-sizecatholicblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/ive-received-few-requests-to-open-up.html

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...