Thursday, September 22, 2011

Celebrating Nine

My firstborn, Miss Lily Mae, turned 9 yesterday!

I was telling my husband yesterday that I couldn't possibly imagine going through the almost 24 hour (med. free)labor and being overdue 11 days EVER again like I had for Lily. But, she was so worth it!

Lily's day started out with birthday hugs and kisses from all of us. Thankfully, nine isn't too old for those yet. She appreciated them.



The birthday girl ruled the day for the most part and chose homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. She certainly is easy to please.



Lily wanted to have a couple of friends over who happen to be sisters. We had invited them over for a couple hours to come party/play/eat pizza for supper and have cake with us. They had so much fun!



The cake Lily chose was strawberry with vanilla buttercream frosting and she wanted a butterfly on the top. Deciding to bypass numerous decorating sprinkles and candies, I opted for using colored marshmallows on the wings instead. I had the cake all frosted before the party, but waited to put the marshmallows on. It ended up ideal since the kids all wanted to help, so they each decorated a portion of the wings.

It turned out pretty cute, don't you think?





We all enjoyed celebrating Lily and the beginning of her last year in the single digits. Yikes! That's hard to believe! And the Birthday Girl agreed that it was a perfect birthday.



We still have one more family celebration coming up this weekend, so I'm sure I'll post photos (especially of the cake Lily chose) of that one too! You never can celebrate too much when you are NINE.







3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to sweet Lilly!!! Tell her that the soup & sandwich meal is one of my favorites!! Her cake looked beautiful and yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, happy birthday Miss Nine Year Old! That cake came out great! That's my style of decorating for sure :) And how is it possible that you have a 9 year old when you're only 22?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday and God bless your sweet 9 year old!!

    That cake is beautiful and looks sweet as she is!!

    Love the picture at the bottom of your girls!!!

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...