Monday, May 9, 2011

What I've Learned Already Today

We were without electricity this morning for maybe five hours.

It quickly revealed how dependant our household is on electricity AND water. That, and that my kids would in no way be able to function without either.

Admittedly, I think my day just starts off better with electricity flowing through my household. Monday just starts off better with it too.

I need my shower and my coffee ASAP each day.

I'm reminded how grateful I am for the luxury of running water to wash the mountain of clothes that fill my laundry room on Monday, to wash the dishes that didn't get washed last night, brush my teeth, flush the toilet, shower and to fill the coffee pot.

It made me think that perhaps I should write a thank you note to the power company thanking them for the daily gift they give me with electricity.

But I think I already do that by sending them a check each month.

The first things I did when power was restored: brewed a cup of coffee and took a shower.

NOW, I can begin my day!

How's your day going so far?


Happy Monday Everyone!






2 comments:

  1. Yowzer! That is a tough Monday morning start. Isn't it true though just how much we depend on our modern conveniences?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...it was a rather interesting morning here too. Unlike Joseph who got to sleep in and stay home from work until the power was restored, I had to do my hair and makeup by candlelight and still be at work on time! Grr.. I LOVE ELECTRICITY!!!

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...