Thursday, December 16, 2010

Advent Daybook

For Today...12.16.10

Outside My Window...it's definitely winter. Temps. are warmer than they were over the weekend, but still only in the teens. A few inches of snow fell again overnight.

I Am Thinking...about Christmas lists/gifts and Christmas plans.

I Am Thankful For..a warm house and plenty of reasons to just stick around the house these days.

I Am Praying...for Christmas peace and joy for those around me who need it. And maybe a Christmas miracle or two.

I Am Reading... Where Angels Go and numerous other Debbie Macomber Christmas books. Easy, quick reads that I can enjoy when I've got my feet up.

Baby This Week...weighs close to 4 lbs and is about 18 inches long. He/She is starting to be a little less active, but has hiccups quite regularly. We'll see what the doctor says next week and if I'll have that last ultrasound.

Favorite Pregnancy Foods...fruit and summer sausage (still). The cookies all stashed in the freezer don't even sound appealing most days, but that's probably a good thing.

Around The House...decorated for the season. Reminders why it's the most wonderful time of year.

From The School Room...daily lessons through next Wednesday, along with simple Christmas projects. Big success for Jonah in learning to read and actually eager to do so.

From The Kitchen...attempting to create meal plans, but without much success. Eager to find something that sounds appetizing. Christmas baking is complete.

For The Rest of The Week...perhaps a trip to the theatre to enjoy The Voyage of The Dawn Treader as a family; coffee with a friend on Sat., weather permitting; an evening Christmas get-together Sat. evening.

One Of My Favorite Things...the rocker/recliner we bought last winter. Although simple, it's particularly cozy and inviting for this pregnant mama.

Picture Thought I Am Sharing...




Find more daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.







1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I crave fruit (especially citrus fruits) so bad when I'm pregnant. I hope after I'm done with all my bad eating this first trimester I can get much healthier during the second and third. All this baby wants is french fries and cheeseburgers!

    I just saw on the news what happened to the football stadium in Minnesota - that looked like a lot of snow!

    And thanks for the beautiful card. I LOVED the ultrasound picture especially!!!! I'll be sending yours out this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...