Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dreaming Of Baby

Further proof that it's not just me that's having dreams about this baby.

Randomly, the other day Lily recalls her dream from the night before:


"Mom! I just remembered my dream and it was about the baby. It was an African-American boy! And he was wearing a blue shirt and overalls."

I respond with, "Well, I don't think that will happen unless we adopt one day and I'm pretty sure that I will never actually give birth to an African-American baby."

She replies, sounding quite disappointed, "AWWW...But he was SO CUTE!"



Another reminder that no matter what God provides for us, we sure are gonna love this baby an awful lot. (Secretly, I think it's a girl and I still think she's going to be SO CUTE too)


















5 comments:

  1. Awww. So sweet!! Do you plan to find out the baby's gender at an ultrasound or keep it a surprise? You're getting pretty close to the half-way point! :) Hope everything is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! I love the dreams and unabashed joy they find in all things baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of the line in Father of the Bride 2, when Steve Martin finds out his wife is pregnant and says, "And just who, may I ask, is the father?"

    I constantly joke to Phil that he can not be the father of 3 of our kids because he's so dark and they are all so light! So you never know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you, I think it is a girl too...and Lily can go with Hannah when she goes to Africa and bring home a baby from there...remember that is what Hannah was always going to do.

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...