Friday, December 5, 2008

Can I have fries with that?

The other day as I was going about my duties in the kitchen, I noticed how peaceful things were in my home. The kids were contently playing together and they were going about the house playing something or other. A few minutes later I overheard Jonah talking in front of the fridge. I couldn't hear what he said and wondered what they were playing that would lead him into the kitchen, talking to the fridge! Shortly after Lily came in and proceeded to do the same. As she stood in front of the fridge I quietly stood behind her as I heard her place an order for food. I soon realized that they were out and about in 'town' and each had gone thru the 'drive-up' and placed their order! It was too cute, especially when I saw the reason they were ordering in front of the fridge: we have a magnetic Leap Frog Fridge DJ and the speaker on it does resemble a drive-up speaker! I had to chuckle at their creativity in recognizing the similarity. They certainly have wonderful little imaginations and I'm glad I get to see them in action every day.






1 comment:

  1. Oh Sarah - Thank you for your comment today - YOU MADE MY DAY!!!

    I know right where you are at. Timmy is our youngest and he is 4 and a half. As I type that I sit in disbelief that it has been 5.5 years since I have seen those lovely two pink lines and danced for joy with Emma (2 months old) in my arms!

    I miss it. I want it again. But it's just not about what we want. I had such a hard time reconciling what I am being called to with what I THOUGHT I was being called to. Clearly, we are not being called to have a large family. Would we answer that call? Yes, in a heartbeat. We are, however, being called to have a small family. And so should I answer that call with any less joy or enthusiasm? No, I should lay down my life for this calling in just the same way.

    I have had every possible emotion in the past 5 years and there are still days when I wrestle with God on this one....but each and every time it comes back to this:

    "For I know well the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare, not for woe! Plans to give you a future full of hope. When you call me, when you go to pray to me, I will listen to you. When you look for me, you will find me. When you seek me with all your heart, you will find me with you, says the Lord." - Jeremiah 29:11-14

    Feel free to email me anytime if you ever want to "talk" more about this journey we are on.

    Peace and love this advent....

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...