Thursday, September 15, 2011

Strawberry Poke Cake

Rushing around last week to come up with a quick cake to make on the fly for our anniversary (aka Blessed Mother Mary's birthday, which we also celebrate), I stumbled upon a Strawberry Poke Cake recipe.

I was searching for something strawberry since that was the flavor we chose for our wedding cake. Although I found many that sounded yummy, I just didn't have the time for them.

The Poke Cake served us well and was a light and creamy treat after our meal.



I followed the Betty Crocker Raspberry Poke Cake recipe and just substituted strawberry jello. Using a boxed white cake mix, jello and whipped topping made this quick and easy, which is exactly what I needed that day.



Pardon the photo and the lack of perfectly cut and plated cake--I snapped it quick before I stuffed my face relished every bite.






1 comment:

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...