Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Celebrating Nine-Round 2

On Lily's birthday we celebrated with cake and friends. On Sunday we celebrated with some family and hosted brunch after Mass. YUM!

Lily's choice for this cake was a homemade chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream frosting.

Inspired by Jamie's piano cake, Lily knew that was what she wanted. I googled images of piano cakes and found a round cake that would work and leave us with few leftovers.(We've had quite enough cake for one week!)

This is the finished product:





It turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself. And the birthday girl was quite pleased.

Nine is fine, especially when you get to celebrate this much!




3 comments:

  1. THAT is adorable! What a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out great!! What a neat idea to do it round!

    What is the candy? Did you use Kit Kats cut in half?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, I did end up using the Dark choc. Kit Kats, but cut them in thirds since the cake wasn't real tall. I just used the ends then and saved the middles of the thirds. Worked out perfect.

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...