Saturday, November 19, 2011

Snowy White

Today brought our first snowfall and although that does not necessarily mean that winter has officially started, in my book it pretty much does.

So begins winter survival, snow packed country roads and more snow/winter gear to pile on before heading outdoors.

Surprisingly, my nine month old enjoyed the sled ride and snow blowing at her face far more than I anticipated. The girl was smiling more today in the sled than she has over the last two weeks donning her winter coat in the stroller.





Now it's back to the couch with me to nestle in my cozy blanket, the smell of warm chocolate cake out of the oven and the sound of my daughter practicing "There's No Place Like Home For The Holidays" on the piano.

I hope you are enjoying your Saturday!





2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Look at that snow! Today we had 75 degrees, tomorrow 80! My kids have been waiting patiently for hot cocoa but I told them it has to get a bit colder for that :)

    Enjoy that chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 1st snowfall too!!!!! Well, I like all the snowfalls, but the 1st one is especially fun and festive!!

    On a totally random note, I am making St. Andrew Chaplets again this year and I was wondering if I only gave you one last year or if I gave you one for each of the kids? I was so blessed that you included me in your prayer intentions the last time, that if the kids didn't each have their own, I wanted to send them each one. I have a bunch of cute Christmas twine this time and could send them each a different one. Just let me know. I will be posting about the St. Andrew novena and the chaplets early next week.

    Have a great Thanksgiving week!

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...