Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Beat The Heat Treat


I'm a big fan of ice cream novelty treats: drumsticks, fudge pops, choco tacos, etc. One of my favorites though has always been the Pudding Pops, even though it's sometimes a hard to find treat. Heck, I even remember Bill Cosby on the commercial!




Aren't those novelties expensive though? Coupon or not, I think it's ridiculous the money we pay for a box with only six (ten if you're lucky) treats inside.


This summer, I decided to go the less expensive/homemade route and just make our own pudding pops.


I bought 5 oz. cups, wooden craft (popsicle) sticks and a variety of boxed pudding flavors. Whipped up the pudding according to package directions and filled each cup about half full. Let them set just a few minutes and then placed the sticks in. Pop 'em in the freezer for a few hours and Presto! Yummy treats.

I kept this batch simple, but did add mini chocolate chips in with the chocolate. I'm going to do some swirled flavors and I think you can mix and match to your heart's content.




So much less expensive and fun to make too!



**The store was out of plain, wooden craft sticks so I opted for the colored ones. They still work, but do bleed a little in the pudding.

2 comments:

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...