Friday, June 4, 2010

What Do My Children See?

Today's meditation from Small Steps for Catholic Moms:



Think

"The insight of the most skilled doctors can't compare to a mother's heart"
~St. Therese of Lisieux


Pray

Lord, keep me mindful of the fact that motherhood is a privilege. Let me never abuse my authority over my children. Keep me forever a source of sweetness in their eyes.


Act

Do not correct any child with a loud voice today. Instead, go to the child in need of discipline, make eye contact, and use a quiet voice to correct him or her. Let your quiet, invested, persistent actions speak volumes of love to your children.




I only wish I had read this at 6 am, long before the day started with my children. Thankfully, tomorrow's a new day to try again.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...