Monday, February 15, 2010

On Vocations

I'm not sure if it was our recent visit with dear Fr. G or his homily the weekend before at a local parish, when he spoke on Vocations.

Or maybe it was the Oprah show with the Dominican Sisters.

Either way, I've overheard the children often discussing Vocations lately. It's cute to listen to, really.

Like this the other day:

Jonah: Lily, what are you going to do when you're big?

Lily: I think I'll just be a mom and have kids. That sounds like fun. And then I can do blogging and Facebook all the time. That would be a lot of fun.

Jonah: I think I want to be a Chef. And a Priest. Then I can cook and do Priest stuff too.

Lily: Well, you can cook just like Fr. G, but you couldn't work at a place and get paid. You can't do both. You'd just have to be a priest.

Jonah: Then I'll just be a priest and cook sometimes.


There we have it. I guess everything will work out just perfectly. We'll see what God has planned.

(And yes, it's slightly disturbing that my daughter thinks that all there is to motherhood is babies, blogging and Facebook)







3 comments:

  1. You are so funny!!! Another great laugh to start my morning!

    Every time a certain girl in our house does something cute, she will say "Are you going to put this on your blog?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound like happy kids :)

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...