Monday, June 23, 2014

We're On Summer Time Daybook

 Outside my Window...

A cool and bright morning. I can hear the birds singing through the open windows and patio door. It looks like it's going to be a glorious, no rain day perfect for the abundance of weeding I need to get done.


Thankful For...

Summer break and more time outside with the kids.

Treasured memories that find a corner in my heart to take rest.

Four healthy children who are blossoming and enjoying one another, most of the time.





Thinking About...

Patty's post and being 'just' mom this summer. I feel like I am on the brink of a change because the season is changing for my kids too. It's a good thing, but I'm still trying to figure out all the pieces and put them together in an organized puzzle.


Paint colors from Pinterest boards for little girls room. I think I have it narrowed down, but I'm trying to find just the right colors. Of course, I'm not finding curtains I like so potentially a curtain sewing project will be another thing to be thinking about soon.


What I am Reading...

Taking the suggestion from Margaret, I recently purchased The Gift of An Ordinary Day by Katrina Kenison. While I'm not quite at the same place in my life as the author was, I still can identify and really enjoy the book. It's somehow settling my restlessness and giving me oodles to contemplate.





From The Kitchen...

Snacks, snacks and more snacks!

Homemade pudding pops, smoothie pops, breakfast cookies and summertime favorite, frozen grapes.





Anyone else struggle with a changing summer appetite? I sure do. I never really know what I want to eat and most things don't taste that good in the heat. I'm trying to make good meals for my family, but find myself stuck when my taste buds are lacking.


Praying For...

Trusting in God's divine plan and settling in the midst of the unsettled.

Four new priests in our diocese who were ordained on Saturday. We were blessed enough to all attend the ordination Mass and one of their first Masses. God has blessed us and our diocese with a good crop of young guys to lead our Church.


On Tap for this Week...

Community Ed summer classes for the big kids this week: Lego Builder Workshop, Learn to Sew and Fun with Foods. That alone should successfully keep Ma & Pa's Chauffeur Service busy.


Around the House...

The great bedroom/schoolroom disaster swap of summer '14.




Trust me, it ain't pretty. It's also a lot of work that I cannot seem to find time to get accomplished. It will get there, but I hope it doesn't take all summer. It simply can't. My sanity says so.


Picture to Share...

Way back in 2009 we hosted the first Vocation Camp in our area for the diocese. That year, a young man had finished his first year of seminary and we connected with him, therefore he became a family friend.

That's Aaron in the back row, way on the left:





We've prayed for him these last five years and kept in contact. He even did this really nice thing for the little girls when he heard of their Pope Francis love.

Jump ahead to this past weekend and here is FR. Aaron now:




We are so happy to have shared his special day and First Mass of Thanksgiving with him.




Enjoy your first official week of summer!




3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you that your on your summer break now. That last quarter...sometimes it can be so dog-on hard to wrap up. Now you will have time to be "Mom".

    Praise God for new priests! We have a seminarian in our parish for the summer only. I think he is second year. At any rate, he is from Columbia. It was sad when it hit home that our Bishop has to go fishing outside of our huge diocese for young men hearing a vocational call. The seminarian is going on the mission trip next month with Sally's group. It will be good for both him and the teenagers!

    Hoping you have a relaxing summer and one that also allows you time to check off items on your bucket list. Enjoy your sunshine! We were suppose to take our third stay-cation trip today and it is overcast and drizzling. Not fun for a waterpark adventure ;(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure, but I think I may have commented as Miss Ester ;) Going to have to double check those google accounts more often now that she has one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Summer, my sweet friend!!!!!!
    Enjoy every moment...
    And I read and reread that beautiful book!
    You know what we do in the summer in regards to meals?
    It came about because Madison works mostly 3 to 11 at Dairy Queen...
    I wanted her to eat a good meal before she went, so I began making our main meal around 2....
    Then, we were all fed, kitchen cleaned and free to enjoy the rest of our summer day. We then have a lighter snack like a sandwich to cereal around 6 or so.
    Anyway, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...