Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Outakes

We started the morning with a breakfast whipped up to honor one of my favorite men. The little girls kept daddy entertained and busy while mommy worked in the kitchen.

On the menu: pancakes with whipped topping, strawberries or blueberries; scrambled eggs; sausage and orange juliuses. Alas, I was so busy making it that I forgot to take a photo with the final presentation. I think it would have easily won several stars in the culinary division of Father's Day breakfasts.

Afterward, the kids were eager to give daddy his gifts. I think the best one was the homemade one.



Happy daddy, later in the day with his gift. I'd say that's a contented father, wouldn't you?



Thanks to Pinterest for this idea. And thanks to my babies daddy for the cute footsie wootsies that belong to the children that make Father's Day possible.


Late morning we headed out the door to meet up with my parents for a picnic. The weather was fair and only a 30% chance of showers maybe later in the day.

We arrived at our destination, Grasshopper Chapel. It was a popular Sunday afternoon destination during my childhood and was always a very peaceful place to pray and enjoy the peace and calm. Today was no different and the blooms and colors were beautiful.






Inside, a few short prayers with Papa and grandma.




Lots of ground for the toddler to roam.




 And finally, a family photo.



The rest of our visit with my family includes no photos since the weather took a turn and it started to rain. And rain. We came up with alternate plans and thankfully my mom remembered a small park that might have a shelter area with picnic tables. She was right. We found one lonely picnic table under the shlter roof and out of the rain to enjoy our Father's Day picnic. Success.

Again, not documented, but we headed to the DQ for ice cream treats before heading back home.

Later on, we went to spend time with hubby's parents to visit and Reed and the big kids did a little fishing.

Tired from the day, the little girls were still troopers and were still in pretty good moods. Greta even tried out the sitting in the grass and laughing as she watched Lily hoola-hoop. Pretty cute.



Finally, I gathered the children for one last photo of the day with the man we love so much. I think it's safe to say that it was a good day. A very good day.

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures...especially your baby. I love her dark hair.

    Great idea with the feet for his present. I did something with their hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a wonderful day! And I LOVE the feet photo....might have to steal that one sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a joy-filled day, Sarah! I can just picture the fabulous breakfast in my head. And that gift? Oh my! Oh absolutely sweet and perfect. Good job, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful day! LOVE the pinterst idea! I might have to tuck that idea away in my brain for next year! Can't believe how big the little girls are getting! And the older two! Where does the time go?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this father's day Idea! I may steal it when I have enough "feet" to use ;)

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...