Sunday, August 24, 2014

These Days {Captured}


They weren't meant to last forever. I knew they weren't. 

Summer days, they're passing you know.

The routine and the order will come back, I told myself. 
These days are good for me, they are good for us.

And then one day a cloud covered a portion of my world and I had trouble recovering.

But then, God showed up.

He showed me that the lifeline had been there all along.





I just needed to find it again, grab hold of grace and rest a while.



(photo credit: Jonah)


To enjoy the last weeks of summer and take the days as they came.


Thankfully, that came in simple days as well as fun, adventurous, family days.

I did a 5K walk/run (we ran at the very end of the race) with my big kids and we had a blast! My mom joined us as our cheering section and photographer.





The event was called the Fiat 5K and is done to raise funds/awareness of a young womens discernment house in our diocese. It's also held out at the home farm of one of the Fiat House foundresses. 

If you are in Minnesota and on a dairy farm, there has to be cow milking.

After a priest vs seminarian duel, a couple more names of attendees were drawn for another friendly competition.

And whose should be chosen? Lily's!

At first reluctant, we cheered her on and she decided to go for it. Thankfully, a dear seminarian friend of ours is from a dairy farm, and agreed to lend her a hand.

It really was a priceless moment and will forever remain a very fun memory of Summer 2014.





Then came some busy days for me with my part time church job. After which, I was ready to get out of small town MN for a day with my parents.

A little adventure day meandering through the heart of Minnesota in my old stomping grounds proved to be the perfect respite.





The kids enjoyed time by the Mississippi, at the park, playground, bakery, McDonalds for lunch, a new splash pad and treats at the DQ.

Days such as these are too good to let them pass us by.





Today, on this last day of these days, we spent our last official day of summer vacation together as a family.

Sunshine and smiles abound.





A picnic in the park, climbing around the playground, a splash pad to cool off, and the local ice cream truck. Of course, we had to let them get treats.




We finished the afternoon off with paddle boat rides with daddy, which the kids thoroughly enjoyed.





These days are worth the wait.









They are a beautiful and memorable finish line.





They propel us forward and prepare us for the next season that is to come.


Tomorrow, school begins.










3 comments:

  1. Hope your first school day started out awesome!!

    What a fun day you had, I recognize all those places!!
    SO happy you made the best of your last days of summer!
    We are hoping to make it to Cedar lake one more time...maybe you could meet us there, would that be too far for you? It's like 40 minutes for us.

    The cooler temps made it the perfect day for school, didn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! Sarah, you look so fit, beautiful, and plain old stunning!!! You are inspiring me. If you can do it with the Irish twins, I need to get out there as well.

    And Lily milking the cow. What a memory that is!!

    The pictures just radiate the peace and joy that your family was feeling the past few days and weeks. And the ice cream truck?? Ha ha! Glad they had the opportunity. Memories!

    Wishing you a blessed school year! It'll be your best yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it's been a good start to school this week. It seems like all your kiddos had a remarkable and memorable summer!

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...