Monday, August 5, 2013

Pardon The Interruption


Anyone else just groovin' through summer at rapid speed? 

Right now blogging is taking a backseat to real life living. There doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to document, let alone LIVE these days that fill my calendar. 

With many days at home, but still busy and other days with obligations and fun, August is sure to pass by quickly. 

A quick check in to let you know what we've been up to and that all is well here at the homestead.

Last weekend we headed to a small town zoo/petting zoo on our way to a parish festival. It proved to be perfect weather and a great day for a short family outing.

A certain almost eleven year old is suddenly quite smitten with cattle. She's begging for a small cow of some sort for her birthday. Kid.you.not. Not sure how we'll fulfill that birthday request.




Last week was VBS for the big kids and they had a blast at Kingdom Rocks VBS. I'm so glad we signed them up, despite Lily's insisting she wasn't going.

This past Saturday the boys (Reed and Jonah) spend the day up in Duluth. They hit a number of fun spots (not documenting any of them since Reed is not the photographer in the family) and most importantly, Day out with Thomas. This was probably Jonah's last hurrah with Thomas and since he's been wanting to go for years, we finally broke down. It proved to be the perfect day for father and son to just do stuff together.

While the boys were away, the girls and I hit up one of the local county fairs. A couple hours walking around smelling the smells of the fair, seeing the animals and I let Lily pick one ride. She chose the bungee one.




In almost all of the buildings full of animals, Miss Margaret sat in her stroller and let out a loud 'MOOOO'.  I guess the cows were her favorite and easiest to imitate.

We finished off the fair with ice cream shakes and Miss Independent insisted on feeding herself the chocolate shake. I was glad we waited to do that just before leaving the fair.





This week isn't too busy, but I'll perhaps continue the frustrating task of potty training. While Gianna seemed ready, she now just doesn't even seem eager or willing. It's a bit frustrating for me because this is my third child that has made potty training the worst task of motherhood for me. Is there a potty training for dummies book? Al of the other ones I've ever read on potty training haven't ever worked. *sigh* This paying for two girls in diapers thing just isn't working out. It doesn't help when Gianna says she's wet and knows she is (even a little bit) and demands a new diaper. The diaper supply runs out pretty quickly, that's for sure.


I'm also planning on meeting up with Mrs. B who will be staying with us overnight, along with her little Elizabeth later this week. She's a new Usborne Books consultant and I'm hosting a home show with her. It should be fun to meet another blogger IRL again. By the way, if you'd like to order any books from my eshow online, send me an email and I'll get you the link. 


In other news, have you read from Colleen? You might want to stop over at my buddy's place and see what's new with her crew


Have a great week and I hope to stop back in soon!




6 comments:

  1. A cow?? Whatever happened to asking for a normal pet? So funny! Potty training is the WORST and I'm really hoping Alexander's babysitter will just take on the challenge and I won't have to do anything at all. Hey, a girl can dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of organizations that let you sponsor a cow in impoverished nations--so that a family can make money and have fresh milk themselves. You could do that in Lily's name. A cow and a good deed!

    Or do you have a dairy farm near you? I know my BIL would be happy to have help with chores once a week or more, perhaps there is a farmer who would let her come out and do that.

    And I am incredibly jealous of your party with M and Elizabeth. The girls are going to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hated potty training. Just hated it. All six times. Even with a girl who potty trained herself while I was working on her brother. That is the worst in my book.

    A cow. Lily is too cute -- have her do a bit of research and see how BIG they get and how quickly they get there!! In no time flat they are a few hundred pounds. And they keep growing. (When we get more calves, I'll let you know. It might be a nice time for a family drive, and Miss Lily could have as much time as she wanted to hang out with the calves.) :-D

    Take care, Sarah! Our summer is going way too fast, I tell ya.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. So much to say, too little time! Time is passing WAY! TOO! QUICKLY! I can't believe we are on our third week of school already. A cow!! My girls would love that idea since they want a horse. Can you imagine getting their minds together...they'd be coming up with all kinds of plans for a farm! Yeah for Jonah getting some manly time in with his papa :) That's so important. And I like Lily's hair short! I need to look at that online book order again. I have it saved, but I keep forgetting to look at it. Have fun Mrs. B! Always great to meet a blogger in real life :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey S - if you ever come down here I will take you guys to my FILs farm about 10 minutes from us. Every summer he rents his pasture to the neighbors and they board some of their cows there, including some calves. They are so cute. Elizabeth's favorite song is Ol McDonald, so there is a LOT of talk about farms and farm animals around here. Both my husband and I grew up on a a farm - him his entire childhood, mine until I was 5.

    Also, I can't wait to see you later this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Lilly's hair cut, Sarah! And love your girl time at the fair. August is sure to fly...sad face. But ohhhh do I love fall! Happy dance!

    Enjoy living the life, dear friend! : )

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...