Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Potty Party

Ok, so the idea of throwing a "Potty Party" seems kind of odd. Unless you are the mommy of a certain 3 year old who is stubborn to get going to the bathroom and not the least bit interested in wearing "big kid" underwear! Then you know where I'm coming from. The Potty Party idea was one I read about when we were potty training our daughter. It was used as an incentive for her and once she was going potty on the toilet and staying dry (at least most of the time)she was allowed to invite whomever she wanted to her party. So, at 3 1/2 she invited both sets of grandparents, an aunt and uncle and a cousin. And of course, my husband and I and our son. We made it into a HUGE deal complete with decorations, cake and of course, GIFTS!! Well, we finally were able to celebrate with another Potty Party, this time for our 3 year old son. This past weekend we went ahead and stuck with our now "family tradition" and held a Potty Party! We kept it simple, but followed the same rules...same guests, cake and gifts. We've got a ways to go until complete toilet mastery, however, I am happy to have my big boy in his Thomas, Cars and Diego underwear!! Hooray for Jonah! Who would've thought these were the memories I'd be making as a mom!!??
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...