Sunday, August 2, 2015

When God Shows Up To Fill Our Cup


Summer and life are busy, crazy things. Summer life and pregnancy are just I don't know what. They're something. 

I've had this post roaming in my head for over a week and yet no perfect or flowery words can even skim the surface. It's like God is about some greater business and good deep within, but my humanness fails to fully put my finger on it. I partially blame hormones. There feels like there's been a lot of ups and downs, unrest and settled, calm and storms, but they are life. They are the life of a woman striving for God, fulfilling the duties of heart, home and family. 

This isn't a new role, but it feels like a different one. These changing seasons, whirling emotions.




Then there are radiant moments when God shows up in the form of other human beings. He shows me the loveliness that surrounds me and a village that fills the voids.

That village has longtime family and friends, those who are near and those who are far, some that have gone unmet and others that I've finally met. Throughout many summer days He blesses me with those relationships that sustain me and then there are the planned meetings that He sprinkles in just when the heart yearns the most. He knows what He's doing. 





He gently nudges and plans fall into place. 





He fills into hours so much joy, laughter, smiles, heart to heart chats, and listening ears, that could hardly be measured...





except in an immeasurably overflowing filled heart.





I'm not made to be alone. I'm not made to live only with my household family. He made me for the bigger picture, the one that He sees the completed end. I'm so glad He does.

So great is His love for me that He filled my village with grace filled, faithful, real people who support and encourage me along life's paths. 






Sometimes it takes great emptying of myself to see just exactly how wonderfully 
He will fill me back up again.






Read more about those smiles and blessings in the photos up above over at Jamie's where she talks about friendship and where Christine talks about the fun in getting together



3 comments:

  1. It is so good to see friends. I love blogging because I need to know there are others out there like me! I tend to be a homebody so blogging is so fun to meet people...but WAY better to see others in person. Thanks again for helping me host that party! It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and such a lovely reminder of the importance of community!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, Amen! I SO prefer getting together in real life. ♥

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...