Thursday, September 11, 2014

Easy Blueberry Cake


Or Streusel if you prefer.

Another Pinterest goody that I wanted to share.

While recently filing through recipes in an effort to come up with something that didn't have either of my two favorite ingredients:

Chocolate chips or Peanut Butter,

I found this blueberry cake recipe. 

With just enough time to whip this up, I've now even made it twice. Yes, it's that easy. The first time was just for us and the second was on Labor Day when we visited a family. It was a hit both times! 




You can also find the recipe with far better looking photos over here.


2 cups Flour
1 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Butter or Margarine (room temp)

Mix with pastry blender until well blended, but crumbly.

Put 1 1/4 cups aside to use later for topping.

To the original mix, add the following:

2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 Egg, beaten with fork in measuring cup, then filled to 1 cup with Buttermilk

Mix baking powder and soda into dry ingredients of original mix.

Then add egg and buttermilk.

Spread into a greased (10" round, 9x9 or 9x13) pan.

Sprinkle with 2 cups Blueberries and the crumb mixture, squeezing crumbs a bit as you drop them on top by handfuls.

Bake in upper part of your oven, at 375 degrees for 35-45 minutes.

Cool or serve with ice cream or whipped topping (like I did).



ENJOY!






5 comments:

  1. Oh my yum!! I need to make this and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for new recipes. This one is delish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blueberry anything here!
    And this looks like a winner. : )
    Thanks, Sarah...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously. I just ate lunch and as I read this post I find myself incredibly hungry! Want to come over and bake one for me??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am back..I think...you can find me here!!!! http://wwwendlessways.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

You're so kind for dropping me a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...